Wednesday, January 28, 2009

OMG there's more blog

ok so i'm bad at updating my blog (or blob as my mother likes to call it). This has been a consistent problem for me over the years because i just assume that you're all psychic and know what's going on in my life. But i suppose here's a small update.

I have a job!!! It's part time work as a cashier as a surf boutique called Jam's World.

http://www.jamsworld.com/jamsworld/

It's interesting to say the least and i'm sure is an acquired taste.

Long story short Steve (skip's dad) works at a camera shop across the street and totally hooked me up with an interview for this job. He knows my new manager, Amy, and when she mentioned she needed a new girl for part time work he named dropped me like Easy E drops beats. (you like that? i just came up with it ha). So i went in and interviewed but it was honestly just her explaining what i will be doing. I didnt even have to sell myself for this one.

ALSO, very exciting, I interviewed this morning at the Marriott Maui Ocean Beach Club (super swank) for a part time server position at their poolside cafe. I don't know if i got the job because there were a half dozen other applicants and i have no server experience. If he calls then i'll have 2 part time jobs which practically equals a whole job... without the schedule stability, benefits and paid time off. haha whatever makes it work in Maui!

I do have pictures on my camera that i will eventually post up here. Right now, though, i've obviously been a little busy. Skip's mom got into town last night and tonight the boys are making her dinner at their house. Repus (see below for another story) asked me to come by early and help him put things together so i'll be doing that in a minute.

Ok story! There are 3 Erics in our group. Enough erics that it was one day decided by i don't know whom that they needed nicknames so that it wouldnt get confusing. SO there's:
1. Repus - (super backwards) that lives with Skip and has wicked tats all over. Repus plays guitar extremely well and is more than happy to serenade haha.
2. Flash - is from Pennsylvania and gives hiking tours with Maui Eco-Adventures
3. Viking - by far my favorite nickname and he's a really cool guy too. I'm pretty sure he's also from Pennsylvania and also gives hiking tours with Maui Eco-Adventures. He's shy though so it's harder to get info out of him. He's also probably the nicest guy i've met out here.

Flash has offered more than once to let liz and i come along on some of the hikes, so that'll happen soon.

ummmm it rained all day today and yesterday and hopefully it'll clear up tomorrow. I only have a couple more days of not working before i go back to the daily grind and i wanna get a few more days in on my tan! I promise i'll put more pictures up soon.

UPDATE: Totally forgot to mention. Liz got her job too! She's now a full time assistant manager at Wet Seal down on Front St. I should also mention that when you stand in the doorway to the store and look out she'll be staring straight at the water. There are no buildings opposite her on that stretch of front st... just ocean wall, ocean and malakai.

Aloha!

1 comment:

  1. While clever, anyone well versed in N.W.A. lore will know that Eazy E not only did not drop beats (that was the young Dr. Dre's forte), the rhymes he dropped were oftentimes written for him. Weakassgangsta...

    Congrats on the job, by the way. It sounds like the economic mire may not have left the mainland. Happy boutiquing!!

    ReplyDelete